10 questions/responses you need to know to elevate the relocation experience.
2014 has been a great year for our economy and it shows by the increase in employee relocation. Homes are selling, and companies are moving their key talent in position to grow their companies in the US and abroad. However, there can be a lot to an executive relocating. Home sale, temp living, house hunting trips, relocation budgets, and more… It takes a resourceful partnership to elevate the relocation experience for the employee and client. I wanted to share 10 questions that I have received in the last year. I thought it might help you or someone you know in relocating…
- Do we have maximum insurance coverage for our employees?
- Is unpacking a standard service provided?
- Can you help us develop a general relocation policy?
- We have an employee moving abroad; can you also move his pet?
- I did notice a charge for “oversize vehicle” on the estimate. What does oversized vehicle mean?
- Can you provide a quick relocation budget for an international assignment for us to include in an employee offer letter?
- Can you just move a vehicle for one of our employees?
- We are looking at a lump sum program for some of our employees; do you have any programs to help them too?
- We are going out to RFP for relocation services. Do you have any recommendations for this process?
- We want to make sure our relocation benefits are aligned with the market. Do you have any resources that can help us benchmark costs for relocation services.
John Maxwell says “Teamwork makes the dream work”. I believe this… A resourceful partnership can provide helpful resources to give you options that will hopefully elevate your program. Please send me an email if you would like the responses to any of these questions. My hope is that I can provide the resources needed for you to manage an effective program, and for your employees to have a great experience when relocating to a new home.
This has been a “Relocation Minute” update on “10 Questions” with Bruce Waller, For more information, call 972-389-5673, or email email@example.com or check out our my social media Facebook and twitter page.