In 2015, Amazon released “The Echo” which is a wireless speaker and voice command device. This device is filled with unlimited information and responds to the name “Alexa” and is capable of voice interaction, music playback, make to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, weather update, news, and other real-time information.
Do you have an Echo? Well, you may not have a wireless echo product by Amazon named Alexa, BUT… you probably do have a human “Echo” that can help you with resources. Many people don’t reach out and utilize subject matter experts when they have the opportunity. This is not only a great approach to getting more done with less time, but also a great opportunity to develop amazing relationships during your leadership journey.
Let’s take a peek at some ECHO’s to consider investing in:
The Relocation Echo: Now is the time to reach out to someone you know in relocation and ask some questions before your next executive relocation. This could save you time, money, and help you be more prepared when its time to move your next executive.
- Do you have a policy for US domestic or international relocation?
- What are some trends you are seeing for us to consider for lump sum relocations?
- Where we can find new community information for our new hires to ease the complexities of their relocation to new city?
- Is there an organization that can help me grow professionally in this area?
The HR Echo: Do you belong to an HR organization? Are you connected with other HR professionals? There are lots of people who are willing to share if you just ask the question.
- How does your company support college recruiting programs?
- Does anyone have a training program referrals?
- What are some of best practices / trends for on-boarding new employees?
The Leadership Echo: The key to helping others is to start with yourself. Do you know someone who inspires you? Maybe someone who would be willing to share feedback on what works for them? If not, it’s time to ask around for an introduction. I am inspired every day by so many people who take action to be better, and share to help others… These are lifters and some of the questions to ask include…
- What are you reading that has been effective for you as a leader?
- Are there some mentors that have more impact than others?
- What are some best practices to develop my leadership?
…and don’t forget about The Fitness Echo, The Financial Planning Echo, The Spiritual Echo, and more… Now is the time to make a list of people to connect with for resources you need to grow in your area. Don’t forget… Your Network is your Net Worth!
Call to action: So, WHO is your ECHO? Call them or send an email this week and start with the question, “ALEXA (fill in your Echo name)”, CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE? Surround yourself with LIFTERS and watch your leadership grow significantly!
This has been “A Relocation Minute Update” on “Be a Lifter Series – The Echo” with Bruce Waller, for more information on relocation resources, call 972-389-5673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on Twitter too!