Are you in HR or support talent with mobility needs? The North Texas Relocation Professionals (NTRP), a local relocation chapter in North Texas for WorldwideERC recently hosted a corporate panel meeting for members and guests to share “Pursuing Mobility Excellence from a Corporate Perspective”. NTRP members represent different relocation verticals in real estate, temporary housing, household goods moving, and HR managing mobility for different companies. This is an excellent organization to expand your education and mobility network!
Our corporate panel was represented by companies with both US domestic and global mobility responsibilities including Sabre, Tenet Healthcare, BNSF Railway, and Dell. Some of the areas discussed during the meeting were: Policy Development and Review, Request for Proposals, and What keeps Corporate Mobility Professionals up at night.
Here are a few takeaways that might be relevant to your program:
- Bring facts and data to help corporate mobility professionals when you see an area to add value.
- Be brief and follow agenda for RFP’s!
- Relationships and collaboration are critical for great partnerships.
Others takeaways included:
- Review policy often for exceptions
- Collaborate with all of your stakeholders
- Engage in partners that are “thinkers” and that understand process
- Focus more on “cost to outcome” driven policies
- Be transparent when challenges occur
- Be brief on the RFP – adding footnotes when needed for pricing
- Immigration and travel ban continue to keep us up at night
For more information on NTRP visit http://www.northtexasrelocationprofessionals.org/ or find us in Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter!
For more information on WorldwideERC, visit http://www.worldwideerc.org/
Call to action: Visit NTRP and WorldwideERC and browse website for resources to help you expand your employee relocation program. You can find many resources from benchmarking to a forum for corporate discussion. Also, sign up for the WorldwideERC global conference in Chicago, or our next NTRP meeting in Dallas!
“When you limit the people around you, then you limit yourself.” (John McCaa)
This has been a “A Relocation Minute” on NTRP Corporate Panel “” with Bruce Waller, For more information, call 972-389-5673, or email email@example.com or check out our my social media facebook and twitter page.
Also, check out www.BruceWaller.com for review my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon!