Do you have Mobility responsibility in your organization? If so, you need to “plug in” and connect with the North Texas Relocation Professionals, a WorldwideERC chapter in North Texas! On Feb 7, NTRP kicked off 2018 with some great speakers to share information about relocating in North Texas with Purpose. Special thanks to Jessica Heer, VP Talent Acquisition, Dallas Regional Chamber for sharing information with our members on “Say Yes to Dallas” campaign, and David Arbuckle, Vice President-External Affairs with Texas Central as he shared information on “The Bullet Train” project. Both speakers brought a wealth of information and value for our members and guests…
Here are a few takeaways for you to review too!
Jessica Heer, Dallas Regional Chamber
- More than 70 HQ relocations in last 5 years. (it’s actually over 100 now!)
- Why is Dallas so attractive? Economy, Airports, College Graduates, and Affordability
- Recently launched http://www.SAYYESTODALLAS.com campaign on twitter and Instagram
- 2017 Nationwide Survey for Millennials (19-37 years old)
- 4 in 10 looking to relocate
- Cool, fun, innovative, progressive, and affordable
- Dallas ranked #9 (Denver #1)
- Website also includes a cost calculator
- Traffic congestions has decreased significantly on I-35 and I-635 with Texas Express
- Over 380 outdoor parks to enjoy in Dallas
- Dallas Essentials Guide in a must review – check it out on the website!
David Arbuckle, Texas Central
- The Texas Bullet Train is good for Texas
- Dallas to Houston in 1.5 Hours / 200 MPH
- Trains run every 30 minutes / Always on / seats every 30 minutes
- 53 Year Safety Record in Japan
- $10 Billion investment / $36 Billion Impact for Texas
- Create 10,000 Jobs / 1500 once completed
- Shuts down at night for maintenance
- No road crossings / either up over highway, or below highway
- Breaking ground 2019
- Opens 2024
Our members/guests asked some great questions during the meeting including questions about safety, capacity pricing, carry-on limits, and terminal parking. David did a wonderful job responding to each question including something we don’t think about when it comes to parking. He mentioned there will be enough parking, but we really don’t know if there will be as many people driving cars in next 6-8 years with carpooling playing a big transit role to and from airports. Parking space at terminal is still in review. For more information, check out our website http://www.northtexasrelocationprofessionals.org We hope to see you at our next meeting on April 19th as we discuss Tax Reform challenges and success stories with Relocation Management Company leaders in North Texas at Omni Hotel in Frisco, Texas.
Quote of the Week… “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” (Henry Ford)
This has been A Relocation Minute on “NTRP is Driving Relocation with Purpose in 2018” with Bruce Waller, For more information, call 972-389-5673, or email email@example.com or check out our my social media Facebook and Twitter page.
Also, check out www.BruceWaller.com for review my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon!