I recently attended TRN’s annual Texas Relocation Network Conference which was held in The Colony, Texas. More than 100 relocation professionals traveled to north Texas to hear about the latest trends in relocation, and to network with some of the best of the best in mobility. TRN did not disappoint as they provided a great keynote speaker to share perspective from a mortgage lens, corporate relocation panels, and speakers to inspire attendees during the conference. The theme this year was Partners in Progress: Collaboration, Motivation, and Innovation.
Here are a few of my takeaways to share with others:
Scott Eggen, EVP PrimeLending kicked off the conference sharing perspective on relocation in north Texas and surrounding states:
- Current demand will carry new construction thru 2021
- Lack of labor holding back new housing, and driving prices up.
- Lumber is at its highest cost of all time.
- Mortgage rates expected to increase up to 5% by 2020.
Corporate Panel led by Cartus, OEG, Aires, and Toyota discussed Group Moves:
- Policy was created or modified for group move.
- Bus tours can be very challenging due to delays.
- Special needs children can be a challenge for family relocating.
- Geographic area needs to be considered when helping family search for home.
- Other factors include weather (Oklahoma) and property taxes (Houston)
- Group move conversations should be started early with providers.
Bruce Waller, VP Armstrong Relocation and author of “Find Your Lane” presented “Find Your Lane: Change your GPS and Experience Success”
- Maintain your vehicle by investing in yourself
- Plan your road map through goal setting
- Take the The Carpool Lane and expand your network
Corporate Panel led by Acosta, Shell, and American Heart Association
- Chabot’s, Machine Learning, & Artificial intelligence leading the way for talent acquisition
- Employment Branding is critical (Social media aggregation)
- Sourcing strategy should include texting recruits
- Permanent Solutions for temporary assignments makes a difference for Shell in West Tx
- Its more than housing: Safety and dangerous roads can be a factor in rural areas
Petey Parker closed the conference with an inspiring presentation to encourage everyone to “Write Your Story”!
THANK YOU to everyone involved for making this another great conference!
Until next time… Be Partners in Progress!
Call to Action: Check out Texas Relocation Network for more information. You can also check out other relocation education at North Texas Relocation Professionals or WorldwideERC. Let me know if you have any questions about these groups or how to get involved. Reach out and “Partner for Progress”!
Quote of the Week… “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” (Abraham Lincoln)
This has been A Relocation Minute on “TRN Conference 2018 Takeaways” with Bruce Waller, For more information, call 972-389-5673, or email email@example.com or check out our my social media Facebook and Twitter page.
Also, check out www.BruceWaller.com for review my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Also available on Kindle!