Last week we talked about the importance of brand positioning. I really enjoyed the engagement and interaction on social media with business leaders about their perspective and insight on the importance of branding in the workplace.
Some of the comments included:
- “You need to define your brand or it will define you.” Steve Browne
- “Know what you want to be known for. (Ryan Keating sharing 10Ks of personal branding)
- “If my personal brand doesn’t reflect well, then it doesn’t matter what other name I have behind me.” Kevin Dawson
- “Lack of effort or going above and beyond brightens the brand spotlight.” Bethany Wallace
- “The most important thing is to be memorable…in a good way.” Dustin Paschal
- “Surround myself with folks that are like minded and smarter than me.” Tom Cowlishaw
- “You can’t help anyone if they are confused about who you are, what you do, and how well you do it.” Mark Waller
- “Authentic Behavior Aligned With Purposeful Action to Positively Impact Others.” Mike Shaw
- “Personal Brands = Reputation + Packaging + Style + Output + Regard.” (Greg Hawks shared Tom Peters formula)
- “Branding = perception + interaction. You can only control half of that equation, make that interaction spectacular!” (Greg King)
As we can see, this is huge as a business leader in the workplace. So how can we cultivate our brand to make sure it is aligned with some of these comments and make it a brand we can be proud of? Today, I want to share 10 C’s of branding that just might elevate your brand and growth in the workplace!
- Be Committed! …to developing yourself to get better in you career. In my book, Find Your Lane, I share the importance of investing in yourself (Maintaining your vehicle), every day! This is developing and being committed to the process even when times get challenging..
- Being Consistent is one of the biggest keys to an effective brand, in your daily disciplines, in how you treat people and with your approach to your everyday leadership.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders this includes HR, Recruiters, Business Unit leaders, Vendors, Executives for mastering a successful brand!
- Continuously improve and evolve yourself to improve your team which will improve your organization. Read books/industry articles, listen to podcasts, and network with others!
- Have the Courage to BE BOLD. Raise your hand, share your perspective and your voice.
- Be a Champion for your team, as well as others in the market that you partner with to make your brand a success. Help educate others about why your thoughts and have dialogue!
- Communication is critical with ALL stakeholders even when you have bad news. Be proactive and focus on pushing information rather than people having to pull it!.
- Change lanes when you need to. Find the lane that works best in your role!
- Challenge the status quo when you see an opportunity to make things better with your program, Your employees will appreciate your willingness to do the right thing.
- Have Compassion and empathy for others. See it from the lens of your employees and customers for best approach!.
Call to Action: Print these 10 C’s out and post on your wall to focus on ways to cultivate your brand. Start a conversation with others on the importance of branding and how they see you as well as ways they can cultivate their brand. It’s a win – win – win! Share your comments!
Quote of the Week… “He learned, He Loved, He became better.” (Mitch Albom)
This has been A Relocation Minute on “10 C’s to cultivating your brand” with Bruce Waller, For more information to help your talent with relocation, call 972-389-5673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our my social media Facebook and Twitter page.
Also, check out http://www.BruceWaller.com for review my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon!