Did you know The HRSouthwest Conference (The official State of Texas SHRM Conference) in Fort Worth, Texas is one of the largest HR conferences in the US? We are just days away from over 2500 attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and guest roaming through the Fort Worth Convention Center networking, and learning more about NAVIGATING CHANGE in the workplace.
The conference dates this year will be October 14-17, 2018 and led by conference director Kim Vincent and her incredible team of volunteers, and organized by DallasHR Staff. I remember attending my very first conference in 2005 and didn’t know anyone. This year, I will be attending my 14th conference and is by far one of my favorite conferences of the year. I am super excited to connect with past friends, meet new friends, volunteer, exhibit, speak, and learn something new each year to share with others… It will be action packed for 4 days. One of the other things I enjoy doing each year is lead a pair and share team. This is a chance for me to help new attendees navigate through the conference as a mentor. I’m ready, are you? If you are registered, or are thinking about registering… check out these 10 activities listed below! Don’t forget to download the conference app to help you plan!
10 things to check out at conference!
- Great Keynote Speakers… This year, Captain Scott Kelly will be kicking off our conference on Monday talking about his epic year in space, and Ginger Hardage will be closing the conference on Wednesday, former SVP Southwest Airlines.
- The Marketplace filled with over 200 exhibitors with all of the latest products and services to elevate your HR brand! There will be a welcome reception on Monday night! Come by our Armstrong Relocation #439 for an InstaMove!
- SELFIES with Lety!!! Look for Lety Yanez (past conference director) to be tweeting pics as she navigates this year through the conference. You can also get a headshot for your LinkedIn profile when visiting booth #239
- Over 100 Educational sessions starting Sunday morning with Pre-conference workshops… All of these tracks are accredited for your HR certification. Be sure to attend my session “Find Your Lane: Change your GPS for Success” on Tuesday October 16 @ 11:30am! There will be a book signing to follow.
- Cowboys Watching Party… There will be an Exhibitor and Sponsor Reception held Sunday afternoon while setting up. The Dallas Cowboys game will be on the Big Screen for all of us to keep up with the action! Go Cowboys!
- HR Professionals Kickoff Mixer Sunday night!
- Closing reception Tuesday night 70’s style!
- The Knowledge Hub, located in the middle of the action on the Marketplace floor, is a stage area with seating for those who prefer to learn in small bites. Attendees will hear from subject matter experts on HR topics and technologies in 20 minutes presentations throughout all of Monday and Tuesday.
- Hall of Fame Speaker induction this year will be my friend Deborah Avrin!
- The Welcome Center! There are soooo many things going one, so come by and ask about the mobile app, and what’s happening while are you at the conference. All of these volunteers will make your experience at the conference amazing!
Check out the conference on Social Media and follow @hrsouthwest on Twitter for updates. The official hashtag of the annual event is #HRSWC. Be sure to include in all of your personal tweets about The HRSouthwest Conference so others can see your comments.
Stay tuned for more about the conference… See you in Fort Worth! #HRSWC
Quote of the week: “The more you experience in life, the more you have to offer others.” (Sarah Blakely)
Call to Action: Register for the conference, download the app, and make your schedule. Be sure to include my session and Tuesday and come by and see me in the marketplace!
This has been A Relocation Minute on “10 Things to do at HRSouthwest Conference” with Bruce Waller, for more information, call 972-389-5673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out my social media Facebook and Twitter page.
Also, check out www.BruceWaller.com for review my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Available on Kindle edition too!