DallasHR is one of the largest SHRM chapters in the US with over 2,300 members located in Dallas, Texas. The organization is staff managed and volunteer driven to support HR professionals in the DFW community. It’s mission is to serve members and partners by providing superior development offerings, quality resources, and valuable networking opportunities to enhance and elevate competency, reputation, reach and visibility of the HR profession.
One of the guiding principles for DallasHR is Excellence: In all our offerings, we will continuously improve to increase our value and impact in our community. Using this principle, DallasHR held it’s first annual DallasHR Stars Gala on Saturday December 1, 2018 to recognize HR professionals making difference in the organization and in the community. It was a huge success and a special evening for everyone. Special thanks to DallasHR staff, volunteers, sponsors, and everyone attending for making it a night to remember. So, who took home the hardware? See results below…
DallasHR Stars Award Winners
- HRSouthwest Conference Volunteer of the Year: Cat Schlueter, PHR, City of Azle
- HRSouthwest Conference Volunteer Leader of the Year: Mariya Gavrilova Aguilar PHR, SHRM-CP, University of North Texas
- Student Leader of the Year: Alondra Flores Romo, Texas Woman’s University
- DFWTRN Recruiting Team of the Year: Toyota
- Lifetime achievement award: William “Bill” Davis, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- DallasHR Executive of the Year: (Medium Size Company) Lety Yanez, PHR, SHRM-CP, City of Wylie
- DallasHR Volunteer of the Year: Natalie Storrs, Advancial
- DallasHR Volunteer Leader of the Year: Callie Miller, PHR, SHRM-CP, CSP, High Profile Staffing
- DallasHR Executive of the Year: (Large Company) Andrew Pryor, ECI Software Solutions
- DallasHR Emerging Leader of the Year: Chris Chaillot, High Profile Staffing
Quote of the week: “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” (Ralph Marston)
Enjoy some of the Gala video pics here!
Call to Action: Congratulate the winners by sharing a comment below! They would enjoy hearing from you, and start thinking about someone you can nominate in 2019!
This has been A Relocation Minute on “HR Stars 2018” with Bruce Waller, for more information, call 972-389-5673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out www.BruceWaller.com for Leadership Resources in HR, Talent Acquisition, and Mobility.
While you are there, feel feel free to pick up a copy of my latest leadership book “Find Your Lane” on sale at Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.